Wednesday, April 21, 2010

A crisis of colors





It appears that the hardest part of creating a comic is figuring out the coloring style. Or maybe I'm just looking way too deeply into all of this? who knows. On the one hand people are really digging the vector style of last post, and I would love to do a full on book like that, but it's very time consuming. On the other hand I really like Ben Caldwell's atmospheric coloring style. The Wonder Woman comic he did for Wednesday Comics was awesome, and that was just pencils to color.That would cut production time down considerably. Of course option three would be just putting the book out in halftones and inks. That's both cost effective and time effective.

I should probably start small then work my way up, but if you guys have any ideas i'd definitely be willing to hear them.

No comments: