Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Phase two.


So The tone test turned out pretty good. I like how the character turned out, but now i want to try something completely different.

I want to blend 2D and 3D together. kind of like Wonderful Days, but with comics. So I've been playing around with 3Ds Max, and sketchup and came up with the idea to use 3D models of guitars with drawings. It's nowhere near a new concept. If you look at a lot of mangaka and older comic artists compiling images is a common practice. People used to blend photocopies of cityscapes, and various imagery into comics to help with the stress of deadlines, and to focus more on the figure drawing aspect of comics. I'll try it, and if it works it'll most likely be a permanent fixture for this idea.

I believe the phrase is "work smarter, not harder." If you want to consider putting together a book in a timely fashion, you may want to utilize as many concepts as possible in order to maintain the timely fashion without sacrificing the overall quality. A wise man once told me that, and It still reigns true now.

The guitar used in this image is the pirate guitar by jez of 3D wharehouse.

No comments: