Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Sometimes I feel ....


Like I'm being pulled into too many directions. I want to be a game developer, I want to be a graphic artist, I want to be a freelance illustrator, I want to create comics. For all of that I tend to find out all too quickly that I am only one person, but One person is all it takes to make a difference in their own and other's lives. Maybe I just need to try harder?

After doing some thinking I want to see if Solar Bomb can exist as a webcomic. I've been in talks with a few people, but I won't go into the details just yet. Personally, I'm thinking "what the hell". If it all fails at least I'll have enough content to make a graphic novel, and who knows this might be the step I need to move from amateur to professional.

below are  comparison shots from a background I'm working on
for the first chapter. The original art is on top and on the bottom is a vector job I'm doing to clean up the artwork. Usually if I were to bring a drawing in I would use my tablet to digitally ink over the artwork. Here I need a more mechanical look to my work so I'm using vector lines.  Check it out, and I'll be sure to post more as it comes.


No comments: