Monday, January 26, 2009

you've got a secret smile.......




I had to do not just one drawing of Harve, but two..he does things in twos, you understand. I want to do more full body pics of him and his two ton gang. I loved that episode of Batman The Animated Series, where all the rogues gallery sat around playing poker and telling stories about how they almost got the bat.

These pics were somewhat inspired by both the movie, Darkman, and an old issue of Teen Titans that was written by J Michael Straczynski. The issue featured Harvey and Cyborg and talks about the difference between being labled a hero and being labled a monster. It's pretty thought provoking.

2 comments:

Hurricane Leslie said...

I love the animated series of Batman from about 10 years ago or so. They were awesome. I loved the ongoing "thing" between the Bat and Catwoman and I loved the Joker/Harleyquinn deal too.

I guess that is me being a typical girl. Anyway, your sketches look awesome!

xxsp!racy said...

thanks. Batman TAS was just an all around good show. Never really watered itself down for the sake of the kids, but wasn't too violent. It left some of the more graphic aspects up to the viewer's imagination.