Wednesday, April 16, 2008

I get my kicks...





I've been drawing out random characters and plotting out ideas for a one-shot i would like to do sometime in the near future. I have so many ideas, that it's really difficult to get them all out on paper. Think of it like this: You have a change jar, and every five seconds someone adds like five pennies to the jar, in an hour or so it's going to be full or on it's way to the brim. This is probably the best analogy that suits how my mind works.

Well this idea is a post apocalyptic rock fantasy that takes place on the remains of historic Route 66. For the rest of this week I'll be posting up different pieces i've drawn these past couple of days featuring some the characters.

I've also been using a new method of producing art that lets me skip a few phases and get right to the nitty gritty. I draw the image with a ball point pen, and once i'm done I use microns and sharpies to darken up areas and enhance the shadows. I'm pretty pleased with the results,and i hope you guys out there are as well.

No comments: